Too Much Katherine

Established 1979

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 11, 2007

Spring Break Wrap-Up

I am using the last ounce of juice in my iPod to listen to Luna. Because it’s springtime in the city. Because the theme of the week is embracing ambivalence, and the happy/sad stylings of Mr Dean Wareham fit that steez pretty well.

Charlottesville last week was so beautiful. Virginia feels like home. I like C’ville because, naturally speaking, it’s like a lusher and more decadent version of the home I know. More magnolia trees, more of that good dirt smell.

Charlottesville is like Park Slope would be if Park Slope were a small town in the country. Talk about your baby fever. Sheeesh.

Seeing Alison & Andrew was amazing. Being able to mosey down the street and eat the best tapas I’ve ever had and be treated well by the chef and then mosey back down the street and be home was amazing. New York might have lost some points. Sorry, New York, I love you but you’ll have to start trying harder. Or making it easier for people, when all we want is to get along.

To tell the truth, I felt pretty high strung and clammy for a lot of the vacation (even as getting out of town on a train feels good—damn, it always feels good), but now that I’m back, stuff’s better. I feel like I’ve been reset. Ready for summer to begin. Ready for…something.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home