Too Much Katherine

Established 1979

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Heard In Our Apartment, #1

I wanted to write something about Ithaca, and maybe I will, but I could not pass up on these remarks made during a Scrabble game last week by me, Meg, Will, and Will's Drunk Friend.

Meg: Are you going to go out on this turn? Are you?
WDF: Well, I was a poetry major at Brown, so.
Meg: Oh. What happened?

"She's really fucking high concept, and knows how to pull it together." -Will, on how his sister managed to live with her husband in a trailer in Topanga Canyon.

Will: The dim-witted oaf plays guitar in Devendra's band?
WDF: Yeah.
Will: Didn't see that coming.

In the course of a conversation about how Will used to look more punk rock, i.e. 'hard,' than he does now:

Meg: I didn't know Hard Will.
WDF: Hard Will?! You were never Hard Will. That's like a poem by John Donne.


The thing is, though, that Will's Drunk Friend schooled us at Scrabble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home