Too Much Katherine

Established 1979

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Boy, Are My Arms Tired

I've been known to wax cranky about the modern world, but I have to
admit that it's strange and wonderful that I, a fairly normal person,
can whisk myself to a paradise several time zones away, and return in
time for work on Monday (albeit via the red-eye).

Here is a brief description of my weekend, in comparisons.

More Eric, less Internet.
More pelicans, fewer pigeons.
More seafood, less cooking.
More redwoods, fewer skyscrapers.
More ice plant, fewer houseplants.
More sunburn, less screen glare.
More snuggling, less pillow-hugging.
More cormorants, less computer.
More ocean, less subway.
More driftwood, less concrete.
More sunshine, less fluorescence.
More hiking, less yoga.
More laughing, less typing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bull City Booster said...

As a fellow member and graduate of the long-distance relationship club, and lover of both cities, your poetry brings back many bittersweet memories. Alas, it sounds as though there cannot be 'too much Eric.' Good on ya...and a mighty handsome lad at that!

Two lines of wisdom:
1. If you want it - I mean, *really, really* want it - continue to work at it and good things will come. Career stuff is part of one's personal happiness but it can be met reasonably halfway if you really need to. I guess these are more than one line, but still actually one thought.

2. The work does not end when you are finally together.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home